Friday, November 30, 2012
As we get ready to start our new sermon series Be Present, we wanted to take a few moments and share some ways that you can be present this season.
1. Warm Their Hearts: Now through December 16, we are collecting new, dark-colored clothing items: warm socks, waterproof gloves, sweat suits, long underwear, warm pajamas, hats, and scarves for orphans in Moldova. Please drop off donations to the basket at the JMI booth. For customs and packing purposes, we are unable to take coats, and we ask that you remove all store tags from the items you donate.
2. The Wrapping Station: Can you wrap?! That's right, from Black Friday until Christmas Eve ... we're working three-hour shifts. We need wrappers and greeters to help us in this great community outreach, especially the weekday 11am-2pm shifts! Go here to see the online schedule and sign up for a place to serve! It takes all of us!
3. Red Envelope: Every Christmas, we give a Red Envelope gift that goes above and beyond our normal tithe. This extra gift is a blessing to those who give as it is to those it is given to. In a season where we give gifts to friends and loved ones, set something aside to give a gift to our Lord!
4. Invite Someone: This one is as simple as it sounds. Invite someone to one of our services, Sunday or Wednesday. Our Christmas Eve services (4pm and 6pm) would be a great opportunity to extend an invitation. Rolling Hills information packets/invitations are available in the office and at the welcome desks on Sundays.
5. Sponsor a Child: So many children miss out on the love and feeling of home that we enjoy during Christmas. You can help us to give those gifts to children who need them this season by sponsoring a child through JMI. More information is available on their website. Sponsoring a child never fails to radically change their lives. Are you interested in helping God change a life?